Chancel – The east window is a memorial to George Warriner Esq., of Bloxham Grove (died 1845), father of the curate who was responsible for the restoration of the church. The other windows are in memory of George Warriner’s wife Sarah (died 1860), the Revd George Warriner’s first wife Agnes (died 1869), and their baby daughter Bertha (died 1861 aged 7 months). This is the small window which has been illuminated to mark Richard Stevens’ twenty-five years as organist (1964 -89).
North West corner – The window of the Good Shepherd was originally made in memory of the Hartley family in 1860 and restored on the 22nd of June 2003 to celebrate the 40th anniversary of George Graham Walker as a Lay Reader in our church.
South aisle – Windows in memory of William White Coleman (died 1863), and Joan Snow (died 1987), wife of Col. Michael Snow of Manor Farm. The window in the east wall was installed in appreciation of the dedicated service of the Revd Donald Bishop on the 25th anniversary of his induction as Vicar of the parish on 30th December 1985. He retired in 1987.
Stone wall tablets include memorials to James Barnes (died 1819), chief engineer for the Grand Trunk Canal, and the Revd Richard Nicholl D.D., (died 1813) Chancellor and Prebendary of the Cathedral Church of Wells and Chaplain in Ordinary to King George III.
A tablet was erected by the Banbury and District Burma Star Association (who have made this their church) in memory of those who died and those who served in the Burma Campaign 1941–45. The names of those from the parish who died and served in the Great War 1914–18 are listed on an illuminated scroll hanging on the south wall. Then names of those who died in both world wars are given on the war memorial (erected 1920) in the churchyard.
The most recent celebrates our link with Holy Trinity, Sunny Hill, Australia forged when our vicars swapped jobs for 6 months.
After a petition, Bodicote was given its own churchyard in 1754, this was enlarged in 1865 and again in 1893. It is now closed and maintained by the Parish Council.
The west tower’s original peal of five bells was enlarged to eight and, with the sanctus bell (dated 1624), rehung in 1974.
This is one of the oldest turret clocks in Oxfordshire. It bears the date 1700 and the name of the maker John Wise, London, who was related to the Wise families of Bodicote. Richard Wise is named on the frame as one of the church wardens of 1700. Modified, restored, electrified and repaired over the years, it is now maintained by the Parish Council.